Monday, July 03, 2006

Lizard

Dad sometimes digs around and tries to find out the dirt on mom’s side of the family.

He’s still very bitter that my mom left him.

I mentioned my mother’s mother in a conversation.

“Oh, you mean Lizard?” he asked.

I laughed hysterically.

Her name is Elizabeth.

“Did you always call her Lizard?”

“Hell yes! When I first started dating your mother, I came up with that nickname for her. When I came to pick your mom up to take her to the drive-in, your grandmother would wait for me on the front porch. She’d order me take her and all the kids to Dairy Queen before we started our date.”

I laughed loudly and said “I bet she licked that cone just like Lizard.”

He laughed too and claims he never thought about that, but yes, she did look like a lizard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home